Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Our design consultants have put together some great gift ideas, along with some of our favorite brunch recipes to help you celebrate your mom with style and ease.
1. Light up her space with a pair of beautiful Dotto table Lamps from Décor-Rest Furniture. Brushed gold, white marble and fabric shades come together beautifully to create these elegant modern lamps.
2. This curvy accent chair adds a touch of flair to small corners and entryways alike. The nail head detail pairs beautifully with the rustic look frame, while durable polyester fabric make it family friendly. Engineer Chair by Ashley Furniture.
3. Charming Industrial form meets function in the beautifully designed Denice Accent mirror. Store your favorite blankets, throws or clothing accessories all while adding beautiful light and reflection to your space.
4. The Kailman Bar cart is the perfect perch to show off your favorite plants, collectibles, and books and yes your favorite wines and cocktail fixings too.
5. Add a touch of cheerful whimsy to your space with this multi floral print from Ren-Wil Décor.
Now that we’ve taken the guess work out of gift giving we wanted to share a couple of favorite brunch recipes.
Make ahead Overnight Eggs Benedict is the perfect addition to your brunch menu. Get the great taste of traditional Eggs Benedict without the fuss in this easy make ahead version.
Eggs Benedict Casserole
12 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
8 large eggs
2 cups 2% milk
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 3-qt. or 13×9-in. baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole.
Rainbow Fruit Salad
A delicious complement to this family favorite is Rainbow Fruit Salad. This cool and refreshing salad is a welcome change to the traditional fruit tray. For extra zip try including some fresh mint leaves.
A soon to be favourite fruit salad! Perfectly right and refreshing with a beautiful combination of colours. This is the perfect summer side dish for cookouts or holiday parties. You can switch the fruits listed here for others you may have on hand.
1 lb fresh strawberries, chopped
1 lb chopped fresh pineapple
12 oz fresh blueberries
12 oz red grapes, sliced into halves
4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
3 mandarin oranges
2 bananas, sliced (optional)
Honey Lime Dressing
¼ cup honey
2 tsp lime zest (zest of 2 medium limes)
1-1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest and lime juice.
Pour over fruit and toss to evenly coat, serve immediately.